Wednesday, March 30, 2011

And when you get the chance...

There is something to be said about being conservative, in the most basic sense of the word. As in, holding back, and not risking to go to the extremes. It's a path that leads to the greatest chance of success of appeasing the masses.

I, of course, do not mean conservative in a strictly political context. Maybe what I really mean is not going to the extremes; middle-of-the-road, per se. I do feel that there are certain times it is a useful tool/state-of-mind, but lately, I've been become more and more wary of it.

I feel that it breeds mediocrity. Nevermind the un-progressiveness of it, but that while it is the safer option in most circumstances, it can be dangerous in others.

and what raised the issue for me was, of course, a girl. A particular girl named Sarah Kay, who prompted me to go through my drafts.

Yes, I have drafts on my blog that I didn't publish. Mostly because they were either unfinished or personal. But I happened to peruse through them, and gosh, there are some good ones. The really good ones were the ones where I was true to my feelings, not holding back, and probably thinking I was never going to publish them. And so it was in thinking that way, that those words became so beautiful, so raw and uninhibited, and personal. It was in thinking that I was invincible to hurt, that I created those lines.

And I understand why our society rewards stable incomes and safe bets, but I do wonder what this world would be like if we created a reality that actively fosters and encourages people to fiercely pursue their ambitions; a world where you can safely fail, in an epic fashion, on your nth attempt to express life through your lens.

Anyways, here's a little music for all you beautiful people to start off your day. Be safe, be strong, be sexy!

3 comments:

SOSHE said...

Maybe my intuitional compass is completely off, but I always get the feeling you are hiding something much deeper.

SOSHE said...

"the human heart has hidden treasures, in secret kept, in silence sealed ; the thoughts ,the hopes, the dreams, the pleasures, whose charms were broken if revealed" - charlotte bronte (jane erye)

I love hot tubbing in the snow said...

I'm not sure if you are right, but I've learned that the female intuition is awfully accurate in some circumstances. Scary, even.